So I let this sit in primary for a month cuz I got lazy and didn't feel like bottling. I tasted it about once a week to make sure I wasn't totally screwing it up by leaving it on the yeast too long and didn't notice any sort of bad flavor component that might have resulted from the yeast breaking down. I will say that I also transferred very little trub into the fermenter on the brew day so maybe that helped with the stability. The yeast cake had compacted quite a bit so I had a better than normal bottling volume. The beer transferred super clear to the bottling bucket as well. It's been in the bottle 2 weeks and I'm seeing a noticeable amount of dry yeast size particles clinging to the inside walls of the bottles.
Have any of you bottlers out there experienced this before?
I had a couple bottles over the weekend and the particles drop out of suspension once the beer is chilled so they are easy to decant. The beer hazes up real good which I think is partially due to the oats, but I rarely get super clear beer and rarely have the patience to leave the bottles cold long enough to let the chill haze subside. Based on my recent batches, I primed this one to get 2.2 or so vols of CO2, but it turned out slightly over carbed. I guess I achieved the fizzy as per the name. The gravity went from about 1.056 to 1.010(was supposed to be higher, but I lost significant volume to trub and topped off with water to achieve my desired fermentation volume), but the beer tastes dry as all get out. The hops and malt bill complement each other really well for a nice summertime quencher on the bitter end of the spectrum. The Amarillo overpowers the Saaz as far as I can tell, but I wanted to use up some old hops lying around my freezer, so no big deal. I would back off on the oats a bit next time and maybe use only Saaz hops to get more of a noble aspect to the flavor rather than the citrusey american aspect I got in this batch.