Author Topic: Carrboro Beverage Co.  (Read 22679 times)

Tsquared

• View Profile
Carrboro Beverage Co.
« on: October 10, 2008, 04:08:36 PM »
Carrboro Beverage Co. now has Weissenohe Monks Fest on tap and in the bottle.  A very limited amount of these kegs are available in NC and the only places to try it will be Tyler's, Carrboro Beverage Co. and J Betski's.  Also now available at Carrboro Bev. are Smuttynose and Founders bottles.  We will be hosting a Smuttynose tasting there tonight so come on by if you are in Carrboro for the Art Walk this evening!   

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
Re: Carrboro Beverage Co.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »
Hello all, just an update of upcoming things. There will be a tasting next Thursday, 10/23, in the store. We will be sampling out Penn. Brewery and Breckenridge Brewery from about 7pm-9pm. The next week, the 29th, Chris from Global Brewers Guild will be in to sample some of their lineup.(North Coast, Great Divide, etc..). And if you haven't stopped by to try the Weissenoho Monks Fest, you should. It's an amazing example of marzen beer from a monastery in Upper Bavaria. We have it on draft and in .5L swing-top bottles.

Cheers

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
Just a reminder that on THURSDAY 10/30 we will have Chris from Global Brewers Guild in for a tasting. He's bringing some Great Divide Hibernation, Fresh Hop, and Hercules along with some North Coast and Malheur Brut Reserve, Brut, and 12. Tasting will start around 7pm and go to about 9pm. Drop in a enjoy some awesome brews

charlesandjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:35:37 PM »
sounds great, i hope I can find the time to come check it out!

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:03:16 AM »
Just a few things...

We have a little Dogfish Head Palo Santo come in as well as some Expedition Stout. We are having the tasting tomorrow from 7-9pm. We'll have about 10 beers for sampling including some big beers so don't miss out. We also have our first stash of merchandise. We have some nice North Coast t-shirts and hats and other stuff from the brewery. More stuff from other breweries will be arriving soon.

Prost

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
A couple of tastings to announce... Thursday 11/13 Victory Brewing Co. from 7-9pm and Sierra Nevada Friday, 11/14, from 5pm-7pm. Hope to see you there!

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »
Hey Everyone, just want to let everyone know about upcoming things at the bottle shop. We will be having a tasting on Thursday, 11/20, at 7pm. We will be sampling beers for Thanksgiving dinner. Stop in and try some beers that will make you the hit at your dinner party. Plus, we have Bell's Christmas Ale in. This is different from their Winter White Ale. It's a nice malty beer that has something different that I just can't place right now. I want to say Rye but don't hold me to that. Also, Highland Cold Mountain should be here Wednesday or Thursday. As always we look forward to what the guys from Ashville will be bringing us. Next week, Bruce from Wetten Imports will be here next Tuesday, 11/25, to sample beers from his line. Kasteel Triple, Kasteel Rouge, Gouden Carolus Grand Cru, and more!!! He will be here 3pm to 7pm. Come by and try these great beers.

Prost!

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »
Just to let everyone know Highland Cold mountain is here! 22oz and liters. It's tasting really good this year. Malty, bready with a nice spice to it. Not over-the-top on the spice. VERY drinkable

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 09:11:39 PM »
A few new arrivals...Double Bastard and Wake 'n' Bake are here. We have a lot of Merchandise coming in. Brooklyn, Sierra, and North Coast shirts and hats. Some pretty cool stuff.

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
just a few things, we have some Dogfish Head Old School i4packs in. We should be getting this on draft at the bottle shop any day now.

Cheers

lupulo

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
i4pack?  Is Dogfish working with Mapple, I mean Apple?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:09:39 PM by lupulo »

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »

We have French Broad Wee Heaviest 22oz's in. We also have the Bell's line up in. Cherry stout, Double Cream, and Third Coast. We have Dogfish Head Old School on tap now. Good Times!

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 02:31:09 PM »
WE are getting Bear Republic, Moylans, Boulder, and a few other breweries today(Monday) THey will be available when we open on Tuesday. Plus we will have Racer 5 and Mojo IPA on tap for everybody! WE also have a few THeobroma left. Hope to see you there!

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 02:31:20 PM »
Carrboro Beverage Co. has Brooklyn Black Ops, just in today. Limited amount so get it while you can. Also, Tylers in Carrboro has Breckenridge Christmas Ale on tap.

Cheers!

Johnny_Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 03:09:47 PM »
Duck Rabbit Barleywine and Sierra Nevada ESB just in at the bottle shop. Hopslam a few weeks away. Still no sign of Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Bigfoot should be here in a couple of weeks as well as Sierra's new year-round IPA, Torpedo. Also, Penn Dark and Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout on sale for $7.99. Great beers!!

Prost!