nc beer stuff > nc beer talk

Carolina Brewing Company (CBC) news

(1/11) > >>

hopalong:
(don't think there was a general CBC news thread; apologies if this is a duplicate)

From latest newsletter:

--- Quote ---Hello Everybody!

We are proud to announce that our newest seasonal  beer, Carolina Summer Wheat 2007, is now available.

This year's summer seasonal is a hybrid ale with  some characteristics of an American Wheat beer and some characteristics of a  Bohemian Pilsener.  Malted wheat  makes up more than 30% of the grain to give it a light, crisp refreshing quality  and it is loaded with Czech Saaz hops (both late hopped and dry hopped) to give  it the delicate, spicy, noble hop flavor and aroma that you find in the original  Pilsener beers.  The alcohol content  is 4.8% by volume.

The beer will be available this weekend at  CBC.  It will be for sale in bottles and kegs during our normal retail  hours: Fridays noon until 6 PM and Saturdays noon until 4 PM.  You can  also taste it at the tour on Saturday at 1 PM.

Thank you for supporting your local brewery.   We do still have a limited
supply of Spring Bock bottles & kegs, but they're  going fast.

Cheers,  Bob
--- End quote ---

Also:  We are brewing an Imperial Pilsner for our anniversary on July 3rd &  will brew the Imperial IPA for the holidays instead of the Barleywine.  It  should come out around Thanksgiving.  Thanks for the support.

Lonewolf:
So has the CBC summer beer been released yet?  The reason I ask, my wife and I went to Edwards Mill Bar & Grill about 2 weeks ago for dinner.  They had the 'CBC Summer' on special, so I ordered a pint.  It was much thicker and heavier (and sweeter) than I remembered, so I assumed they changed the recipe.  Now I'm wondering if they simply mis-labeled the beer and I was instead served a spring bock?  That would make a lot more sense given the flavor / body of the beer.

hopalong:
That would be my guess.

hoppedup:

--- Quote from: "hopalong" ---
Also:   will brew the Imperial IPA for the holidays instead of the Barleywine.  
--- End quote ---

You can't see it, but hoppedup's doing his happy (hoppy) dance :dancebeer:

hopalong:

--- Quote from: "hoppedup" ---
--- Quote from: "hopalong" ---Also: will brew the Imperial IPA for the holidays instead of the Barleywine.
--- End quote ---
You can't see it, but hoppedup's doing his happy (hoppy) dance :dancebeer:
--- End quote ---

I'm a little disappointed that it won't be another summer release, I was really looking forward to it.  I thought it was a wonderful beer last year.  I've so far not been too impressed with Impy Pilseners (though I guess Rogue's isn't bad) ... but I guess the jury is still out.   :|

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version