Author Topic: World Beer Festival, Raleigh, April 28, 2007  (Read 28806 times)

wedge

• View Profile
World Beer Festival, Raleigh, April 28, 2007
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
Quote from: "TasteMatters"
We can look for the "Hatterizer", but I'd bet we won't be seeing it.

Rats.

http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/d/1132-2/Image_581_jpg.jpg

NClifestyle

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 11:15:44 PM »
although i have my tix, are there any still around?  may have some buddies that want to go.  i know the on-line ones are gone.

cheers...
Cheers...

surffisher

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 11:53:56 PM »
Quote from: "NClifestyle"
although i have my tix, are there any still around?  may have some buddies that want to go.  i know the on-line ones are gone.

cheers...

Can't promise, but I may have an extra or two for the afternoon session if you can check back with me in a week or so.

surffisher

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 12:05:35 AM »
oh

IF YOU LOVE BEER & LOVE DOWNTOWN RALEIGH – WE WANT YOU to be a volunteer at the 2nd annual World Beer Festival Raleigh on Saturday, April 28.

Experience volunteering at its best! World Beer Festival volunteers get to enjoy a Saturday filled with live music, festive beer lovers and perks like a FREE Volunteer t-shirt, a subscription to "All About Beer", and an invitation to the post-event staff party where you get to sample beers and food from the festival and are entered in a raffle with great prizes.

Not only will you have fun, but you’ll also be helping a great cause, because this year the World Beer Festival Raleigh is helping to raise money for the Downtown Raleigh Alliance who’s dedicated to revitalizing downtown. For more information about Downtown Raleigh, visit www.GoDowntownRaleigh.com.

Sign up today for the coolest volunteer job ever! Volunteers can register for one session or both sessions on Saturday, April 28th. The event takes place in Moore Square on the corner of Blount and Martin Streets. Applicants must be 21 years of age to volunteer.

For more volunteer information, click here.

-Volunteer Referral Program: Win the Big Prize!-

This year we are introducing a volunteer referral program. The volunteer with the most referrals to show up for either session will receive a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant and a mixed case of special beers to enjoy. Invite your friends to join you and volunteer for this fun and exciting event. When your friends sign up be sure they enter your first and last name when it asks "How did you find out about this volunteer opportunity?"

If you have questions contact:
Ellen Fragola
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
email: ellenfragola@downtownraleigh.org
phone: 919.832.1231

jibartho

• View Profile
tix
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 07:54:20 AM »
we still have some tix at Foothills if you want them.  They are going fast, though.

NClifestyle

• View Profile
wbf ral tix
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 10:00:16 AM »
thanks, folks.  will know today!

cheers...
Cheers...

hopalong

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2007, 02:04:47 PM »
Controversy over why Raleigh is recruiting volunteers for a "for-profit Durham company":  http://www.raleighchronicle.com/2007041103.html

pandy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2007, 11:42:32 PM »
thanks muckraker.

could this be the work of the local evil anti beer coalition?  geez...

for profit company, oh my...this is a community supporting an event.  pardon, i'm not reading the entire article (i generally attempt to avoid news unless my favorite jon or steven is spoofing it...believe it or not my skin is too thin for the disgraces -and in this case what i presume to be nonsense- that is our news)...

if volunteers didn't want to support it there would be alternative ways of making this happen.  it is a free market after all.

...ridiculous...i'm sure this 'for profit' entity at least pays taxes and doesn't cause trouble...this is a low circulation, educational beer magazine, not enron or the church.
i]i want a raise.  i want to go home.  i want sex.  i want a cookie.[/i]

cardsfan1

• View Profile
    • http://foothillsbrewing.com
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
Sometimes nonprofits just don't have the ummpphh to throw their own successful BIG events--or the experience.  I believe it must be a combined effort, esp. in a downtown setting (trash, traffic, locations, etc. usually fall to the city services anyhow)...
-----NC beer or else!!!!-------

surffisher

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »
Quote from: "hopalong"
Controversy over why Raleigh is recruiting volunteers for a "for-profit Durham company":  http://www.raleighchronicle.com/2007041103.html

What an absurd article and poor journalism.  Not one cricital source in the article allowed their name to be printed?  Characterizing the event as "all day beer drinking event" is also rather slanted. Talk about a non-story.  One definitely has to wonder about motiviation here.  A "newspaper" (even one with only 23,000 monthly readers) should know the difference between editorials, columns and news articles and clearly distinguish those for their readers.

OldStyleCubFan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »
I would think this thing could be put to rest easily if AAB would say how much $ they are giving to the Alliance.      If they amount they are giving is less than the time spent by paid staff or takes away from paid staff activities that would benifit Raleigh-based businesses, than it might be a legit issue.

The fact that AAB would not say how much money they are giving makes me think they might be taking advantage of the tax funded Raleigh org.

Carny93

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »
So who's going to what session?  I know the Massholes (oldgrowth and myself) will be at the evening (gongshow) session, with our corresponding better halves.  This will be my first evening session for one of these things - I'm curious to see how out of control it's gonna be.  Rumor on the streets is that Big Boss is having Pro Roller Derby women pouring for them...  

//insert circus music here.

Kilgore_Trout

• View Profile
    • http://www.ashevillebeer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 04:16:35 PM »
My wife and I our going to the early session and meeting some friends who are coming up from Wilmington.

Oh, and they have the Beer Flights posted at the website now.  Looking forward to the New Glarus Wisconsin Red.

http://www.allaboutbeer.com/wbfraleigh/WBF_Beer_Flights.pdf

drumline

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 06:51:45 PM »
My girfriend, bestfriend, and myself will be at the evening session. :dancebeer:

oldgrowth

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 08:51:35 PM »
Any recommendations about parking. As someone else said we'll be at the evening session