Author Topic: World Beer Festival, Raleigh, April 28, 2007  (Read 28922 times)

hoppedup

• View Profile
World Beer Festival, Raleigh, April 28, 2007
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 10:24:37 AM »
I think some of us from Greensboro are going to take the train to and from Raleigh for the WBF.

We can walk/stumble/crawl from the train station to Natty's for dinner when we get back.
Drink beer. Respect people.

beergirl

• View Profile
    • http://home.triad.rr.com/beerhunter/
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 11:12:57 PM »
Quote from: "cardsfan1"
WNC beerinators--tickets will be on sale soon @ Foothills in WS.  I believe that this is the only location outside the Triangle.  Tix should be here by this weeekend.   Come by for tix, have a pint.

So, are the tickets at Foothills now?
There's a whole lotta things I ain't never done, but I ain't never had too much fun" Commander Cody

sysctl

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 11:50:03 PM »
Aw, c'mon blackie.  I am flying home from MS to attend, even though it is right before finals.  My buddy wants to  do the morning session and then head to Merlefest.  I'm really hoping I can do both.   :banjo:

surffisher

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »
What are y'alls thoughts on the regular pass ($30) versus the VIP pass ($60)?  I've never been to the Raleigh fest, but is the afternoon session generally preferable, like the Durham fest (less drunks, more beer availability)?  

Tix for all sessions still available on-line and as of Friday at outlets.

FYI

VIP Ticket $60 per session (only 100 available per session)

* Includes: Special entry line into the festival
    * VIP tent just for you including a hot plated gourmet meal, special beers not available at the festival, complimentary coffee and other nonalocholic beverages and opportunity to meet brewers one on one.
    * VIP bathroom comfort unit (don't have to use the porta john)
    * Souvenir World Beer Festival Pint Glass
    * VIP badge upon entry

hopalong

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 12:25:49 PM »
What are y'alls thoughts on the regular pass ($30) versus the VIP pass ($60)?

Might be nicer in some ways, but for a 4 hour session, $30 seems to me like enough to pay already.  I think I'll be busy enough, and wouldn't get that much added benefit from the additional $$.

I've never been to the Raleigh fest, but is the afternoon session generally preferable, like the Durham fest (less drunks, more beer availability)?

I've not been either.  And even though the Durham one is only a couple miles from my house, and people on this forum are well aware of my distaste for wasting gas (polution, global warming, dependence on foreign oil, etc...), I'm going to give the Raleigh one a try, because of my displeasure of the mud-bowl potential of the DAP.  Also, I'm guessing that like Durham, the day session will be less rowdy (I prefer less), and there will be fewer beers that have already run out.  Daylight will be nice, too.  Hopefully it won't be raining, but I think Moore Square can handle wet better that DAP.

Tix are also now available at Sam's in Durham.  Cash only is my understanding.

:coolbeer:

4thfloyd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »
Quote from: "surffisher"
What are y'alls thoughts on the regular pass ($30) versus the VIP pass ($60)?  I've never been to the Raleigh fest, but is the afternoon session generally preferable, like the Durham fest (less drunks, more beer availability)?  

FYI

VIP Ticket $60 per session (only 100 available per session)

* Includes: Special entry line into the festival
    * VIP tent just for you including a hot plated gourmet meal, special beers not available at the festival, complimentary coffee and other nonalocholic beverages and opportunity to meet brewers one on one.
    * VIP bathroom comfort unit (don't have to use the porta john)
    * Souvenir World Beer Festival Pint Glass
    * VIP badge upon entry

They could just charge me $40 and tell me I won't have to wait in line for 30 min if I am unable to camp out early and tell me the vendors will be much more spread out. The middle section was brutal last year.

Beautiful place to have a festival, but only a small portion being utilized for the actual tasting. Gonna pass this year but feeling torn about it.   :empty:

pandy

• View Profile
FYI
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 09:27:03 PM »
i'll tentatively be assisting a certain local brewery in beerwench persona.
i]i want a raise.  i want to go home.  i want sex.  i want a cookie.[/i]

hopalong

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FYI
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 09:40:02 PM »
Quote from: "pandy"
i'll tentatively be assisting a certain local brewery in beerwench persona.

:ninja:
We will seek you out.

:ese:
We will harass you.

:o
There will be no escape!

:mrgreen:

cardsfan1

• View Profile
    • http://foothillsbrewing.com
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 08:28:38 AM »
WBF tickets will arrive in WS tonight.  Starting Wednesday they will be on sale for cash or card.  If charging, there is a $1 per ticket fee.  Sorry for the delay, but we were waiting for the craziness of last week to subside....

As to Pandy--What a lucky brewery that will be....
-----NC beer or else!!!!-------

pandy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »
lucky brewery - lucky me for having the honor.
i]i want a raise.  i want to go home.  i want sex.  i want a cookie.[/i]

cardsfan1

• View Profile
    • http://foothillsbrewing.com
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 09:20:53 AM »
For all WBF-ers west of the Triangle, tickets are now on sale at Foothills.
-----NC beer or else!!!!-------

Kilgore_Trout

• View Profile
    • http://www.ashevillebeer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
They have the brewery list up for this year.  Bells will be there, which is not a surprise.  However, Deshuetes and New Belgium will be there :coolbeer:.  Deshuetes is a really good brewery.  I had someone send me the Abyss and it was fantastic (although most likely we will see the Mirror Pond or maybe their Black Butte Porter).  As far as New Belgium, meh.  I like their Abbey and the focus on Belgian styles.  Fat Tire is just okay at best.  Still interesting to see them come here.

wedge

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 10:00:44 AM »
I see New Holland will be there as well, which is cool.  I've never had any of their potentially tasty offerings.  Looks like a pretty good lineup.

Jonathan Surratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • beermapping.com
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 10:11:34 AM »
Quote from: "wedge"
I see New Holland will be there as well, which is cool.  I've never had any of their potentially tasty offerings.  Looks like a pretty good lineup.

Get ready to see their "Randall", aka the "Hatterizer".   I'm surprised that Dogfish hasn't called them out on it.  :D

TasteMatters

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 06:58:09 PM »
Every year New Holland has been at the WBF so far, they have sent only two beers -- their Dragon's Milk (wood aged RIS) and their Black Tulip (Belgian Tripel).  Not a lot of variety, but excellent beers and very much worth the stop at their table.

We can look for the "Hatterizer", but I'd bet we won't be seeing it.