Author Topic: Any homebrewers on or near the Outer Banks?  (Read 16120 times)

ChrisL

• View Profile
Any homebrewers on or near the Outer Banks?
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:15:49 AM »
Hey guys.   Just found this forum.  I'm usually on the B3 forums but I'm trying to find someone near me on the Outer Banks that also does homebrew.  I've been out here for just over a year and a half now.

There aren't any local homebrew shops here.  Nearest one is in Norfolk about an hour and a half away from me.  I usually internet order everything but that doesn't work for bulk base grains due to shipping.

Anyway, happy brewing (and drinking).

glennh2os

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 12:17:57 PM »
Welcome to this board!

Having a geography challanged day, not quite sure how far you are from Greenville area. You might check out the Downeast Alers I think their brewclub meets around there.

Also check out the TRUB group on Yahoo. TRUBnet is loosely run from the Durham area, but LOTS of folks all over the state post there also.

Of course feel free to hang out here too!!
Brewing without styles forces you to focus on what's really important in a beer... Randy Mosher

TasteMatters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 01:23:54 PM »
There's also a club based out of New Bern...I know they are involved in a Mead Day celebration every year -- one of the biggest mead events in the state, I think?  Though I have to admit, I don't know if that is any closer for you from the Outer Banks?

Anything associated with the Outer Banks Brewing Co. or Weeping Radish?

hopalong

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 02:08:36 PM »
How bout Homebrew Haus in New Bern?  I don't know anything about them other than seeing them listed before.  And, yes, there's a New Bern homebrew club, ATF.

ChrisL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »
Both New Bern and G-Vegas are a hike from me.  Well over 2 hours each.  I'm on the north end of the outer banks in Southern Shores (just north of Kitty Hawk).

I'm fairly close to the OBX Brewing Station in Kill Devil Hills.  They don't have any homebrew activities that I know of.  I could try to get in touch with the brewer there to see if he could slide me a deal on buying some malts.  I think their beer there is good at times depending on the particular beer.  They also sell  growlers which is nice for when they have a really good brew.

GCBrewingCo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ipass.net/mpdixon
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 02:25:02 PM »
You might be better heading up toward Hampton Roads...I know they have a group...

TomW

• View Profile
Re: Any homebrewers on or near the Outer Banks?
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
Hi Chris,

I homebrew in Southern Shores.  Would like to meet you.

Tom

tomjwelch@yahoo.com

TomW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »
A new club, OBX Homebrewers has been formed and registered with the American Homebrewers Association. obxhomebrewers@gmail.com

TomW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
The Outer Banks Homebrew club has a new site: obxhomebrewers.com